St. Cecilia Labor Day Festival
Independence, Kentucky St. Cecilia Music Festival
2019 St. Cecilia Labor Day Festival
For over 100 years, Independence has been home to the St. Cecilia Labor Day Festival. This festival has grown in prominence over the past 10 years and is now the top ranked festival in Northern Kentucky. The festival is armed with great food, rides, and unbelievable concerts. The festival is always family friendly and closes with a traditional family style chicken dinner on Monday (Labor Day).
2019 Chicken Fun Run
Saturday, August 24, 2019
The St. Cecilia 2nd Annual Festival 5k Chicken Run.
- Registration begins at 8:00am (raceday), Race time 9:00am.
- Pre-Registration will be posted at the Facebook Event page
- Facebook Event Page
Saturday, August 31st
6:00pm - 12:00am
- Festivities begin at 6:00pm directly following mass. There will be games of chance, food, beer, alcohol, kids rides and much, much more...
- Kentucky Myle - Local country music band performs.
- The Ultimate Garth Brooks Tribute - Garth Brooks tribute band will perform live.
Sunday, September 1st
4:00pm - 12:00am
- Festivities begin at 4:00pm on Sunday afternoon. There will be games of chance, food, beer, alcohol, kids rides and much, much more...
- Dennis DeYoung and The Music Of Styx - from 80's rock fame Styx performs.
Monday, September 2nd - Labor Day
2:00 - 10:00pm
- Festivities begin at 2:00pm on Monday afternoon. There will be games of chance, food, beer, alcohol, kids rides and much, much more. Monday is family day and our famous chicken dinner will be served. Monday also closes the festival with a fireworks show at 10pm.
- GYBST (Gee Your Band Smells Terrific) - performs
- The Van-Dells - perform
Annual Chicken Dinner
Monday afternoon and early evening is St. Cecilia's famous chicken dinner. Come hungry and leave full. This will be the best dinner in Independence on Labor Day.
This year's grand prize is a 2019 Corvette Coupe 1lt. You will have a 1 in 8,000 chance to win this or $50k in cash if all tickets are sold.
Grand Prize drawing will be LIVE on Sept. 2nd up on the festival stage after the fireworks.
Side notes for 2019
- There are expectations for 12-15k people per night.
- The concerts and admission are free. It would be much appreciated to support the festival by purchasing raffle tickets for the Corvette. The winner will be drawn live on Monday night.