Independence Christmas Walk
Independence, KY - 2019 Annual Christmas Walk
The Independence Annual Christmas Walk will be held on Saturday, December 7, 2019. The day is filled with fun and exciting events. You can participate in the Santa 5k Fun Run, witness the tree lighting ceremony, view the Christmas Parade and enjoy an Old Fashioned Christmas Walk through downtown Independence.
Santa 5k Fun Run
The Santa 5k Fun Run is more of a "do it at your pace" fun time run. For the serious runners, there still is competition and prizes awarded for top finishers.
- Run, walk or stroll through the run dressed in your most festive Christmas outfit.
- 2019 Registration
Santa will be at the Kenton County Courthouse
- From 1:00 to 3:00 pm Santa will be strolling the Courthouse lawn looking for good boys and girls. This is a good time to get a candid photo with Santa!
Christmas Walk Fair
- From 4:00 to 9:00pm there will be a Christmas craft fair at the Kenton County Courthouse and a second booth set-up near the Independence Senior Center. You can expect to find handcrafted and unique holiday items for sale. Limited food options will be available at both areas of the craft fair.
Christmas Tree Lighting
5:15pm - The Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony will begin. This takes place on the courthouse lawn and includes the Moon Brothers Post 275 color guard and the National Anthem being performed by a local choir.
Annual Lighted Christmas Parade
At 5:30pm the highlight of the night begins, The Lighted Christmas Parade. The lighted Christmas Parade gains in popularity every year. The parade runs from Independence Christian Church to the City Building. All floats have Christmas themes and are lighted to inspire a festive mood. Every year we see new and unique options as there is no limit on creativity.
Old Fashioned Christmas Walk
From 6:00 to 9:00 pm the Christmas Walk will take place. The Walk runs from Independence Christian Church through to the Independence Senior and Community Center. Nearly every business and church is open for you to stop in and visit.
Popular Venues for 2019
- Independence Christian Church
- Courthouse Square
- The Mayor's Open House
- Boy Scout Troop 8 - Deter's Law Office (They maintain the fire-barrels that keep you warm!)
- Jude's Auto - Christmas Light Display
- The Cincinnati Observatory at Independence Cemetery
- The Bradford Masonic Lodge - Live Nativity Scene
- The City Building - Santa Claus, Joyful Noise in concert, refreshments and photo opportunities with costumed charachters.
- Independence Fire District - Station #1 - Sugarfoot Cloggers, Woodcarvers and the World-Famous Fire Juggling Elf.
- The Senior and Community Center - The famous camel and pony rides (FREE), Photo booth, face paintings, Letters to Santa, etc.